Furcadia is the magical world where the animals have learned to speak and walk upon two legs. Create your own customizable avatar and start exploring the friendly online game (MMOG) with rich player-driven content. Our established online community, grown over years, has become a second home to tens of thousands of players. We invite you to an interactive experience unlike any other.
Official Site: http://www.furcadia.com/
Furcadia Overview and Features:
- Make friends in our worldwide community.
- Roleplay in user-created settings or by your own rules.
- Play games, explore festivals, and attend events with friends -- old and new.
- Join a Group or Guild, or start one of your own.
- Use our intuitive editors to dream up your own world, then make it accessible to other Furcadia players!
- Design your own home, business, or roleplay setting.
- Create your own art, sounds, and music, and share with others.
- Harness DragonSpeak, our easy to use scripting language, to bring your dreams to life.
- Find entertainment for teens and adults from all walks of life.
- Female players make up over 50% of our population.
- Volunteer with the Beekin Helpers, Furcadia's community support service.
- Support Furcadia by collecting and trading virtual items from Digo Market, or just download and play free, forever
The primary focus of Furcadia is user-created content. To this end, the Furcadia game download includes an art editor and a map creating program. Users are encouraged to create their own virtual worlds, called Dreams, using these tools. These worlds can be uploaded to the Furcadia server and used for a variety of purposes, examples being role playing, a place to hang out with friends, or a number of other purposes. Dreams remain open to the public area in which they are uploaded, so long as it is inhabited, and, if unoccupied, it is eventually unloaded automatically. Dreams can include the use of audio files in the WMA, Ogg, MOD, S3M, WAV and MIDI (.mid) formats, to name a few.
Most Dreams take advantage of a relatively user-friendly coding language known as DragonSpeak, or "DS". DragonSpeak allows users to develop interactivity into their dreams, ranging from a simple action like opening a door, to far more complex uses, such as a complete game of chess or laser-tag.
Dream owners are allowed to make and use bots to accomplish things that DragonSpeak cannot, but these are not officially supported by Furcadia.
Dreams run off several file types. ".MAP" files hold the main Dream layout, ".DS" files hold the DragonSpeak code, and ".FOX" (replacing the older ".FSH" format) and PCX files hold patch art for Furcadia. Every aspect of the Furcadia interface can be customized with Furcadia skins. Skins are made with a "marbled.pcx" file that is used for the background, two ".FOX" files (buttons.fox and the customizable dsbtns.fox), a settings file (skin.ini) and several fonts.
Several popular types of dreams are build-a-homes (where you can buy a temporary house from staff for free and decorate it with items, but is usually deleted after you leave the dream), hangout dreams (Usually featuring a bar or café area) and roleplay dreams. Furcadia hosts a wide variety of roleplaying dreams, ranging from strict-continuity roleplay (In which the dream is its own independent world) to persona play (Roleplay that is light and is governed by few rules). Roleplaying dreams also come in a myriad of different forms, ranging from feral (Feral wolf and horse dreams are immensely popular, concentrated in the Northeast region of the popular 'main map', Allegria Island) to furre to human. Many dreams revolve around fantasy plots and themes, based on popular books, television programs and even ancient mythology; some dream ideas are created entirely out of the minds of their creators.
Furcadia itself is basically made up of several dreams, the ones made by its users, and the main maps.
No Reviews available yet. To view all Reviews at FreeMMOGamer.com click here
Furcadia News - Read all the News»
Furcadia Featured Video
Furcadia System Requirements