Well, that was a quick one. Six months after its initial release (though it did linger in various beta stages for some time), Nexon announced that the end was in sight for Master X Master.
The game is set to be shut down on January 31st, 2018. As with most things of this nature, the decision ultimately came down to business. MXM struggled to find a sustainable audience, and Nexon had to make the tough decision to say goodbye.
But the game won’t be coming to an end with but a whimper. Nexon is trying their best to send it off with a bang.
Expect the following benefits:
- All players will receive 500,000 X-Coin to unlock all content
- The community-developed Lua skin will be made available to all players for 1 X-Coin
- Real money purchases on the MXM Store will be permanently disabled
- All game modes will be turned on, and available at all times
- Refunds in full on purchases made between Aug. 30 and Nov. 16. This will happen automatically within the next 7-14 days, and will be refunded via the same method the purchase was made, if possible. For additional refund specifics please refer to our FAQ.
You can read their full announcement here.